Rates & Insurance
Things to consider when using insurance for therapy:
- Some policies do not cover mental health and employers are not required to offer plans with mental health benefits.
- Insurance plans may only cover a certain number of sessions per calendar year.
- Many plans do not cover certain types of therapy such as couples counseling.
- A client must be given a Psychiatric Diagnosis after the first session for therapy to be covered by insurance. A diagnosis defines a specific Mental Health Disorder that the insurance company uses to authorize service to you. A diagnosis is a part of your permanent medical record. This is especially important to consider for teens and children, as a diagnosis can follow them into adulthood.
- The reason for therapy must fit the criteria of being “medically necessary” to be covered. Your insurance company determines what this means.
- Many insurance providers require access to treatment plans, progress notes, and other private information for services to be covered.
Depending on your current health insurance plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your insurance provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services. Our providers are not in network with insurance companies. However, as out-of-network providers, we will help you in any way possible, such as filling out necessary paperwork and receipts for you to submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement. Every plan is different, so you will need to find out how much they reimburse you.
Individual, Couples, and Family Counseling Session (50 minutes) $150
Couples and Family Session (90 minutes) $235
All payment for services is due at the time of service. We accept cash, check, and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged a fee.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!